How to get there: from the national road, from Oršova to Moldova Nouă,
The castle complex is located on the northern bank of the Danube River, 4 km from the town of Svinita. According to historians, the fortress was built in the period between the second half of the 13th century and the first quarter of the 15th century. The fortress consists of only three almost square towers with a base size of about 7 meters, arranged in the shape of a triangle. One of the towers is almost completely preserved, the second is half destroyed. Of the third tower, which is in the direction of the middle of the river, only the foundations submerged in the Danube River remain. The fortress had a defensive function.
In 1443, it was also used as a customs post of the Habsburg Monarchy. After the 1970s, the building was abandoned.